- Includes telescoping air speed-temperature probe
- Displays air (wind) speed in meters/second, feet per minute, kilometers/hr, knots (nautical miles per hour), or miles per hour
- Measures air speeds down to 0.2 m/s with 0.01 m/s resolution (down to 40 ft/min with 1 ft/min resolution)
- Displays temperature in ºF or ºC
- Big (2.5 in. diagonal) front-panel green backlit LCD is easy to read
- Displays maximum and minimum readings and holds any reading
- Automatically logs measurements at sampling time settable from one second to one hour
- Also supports manual data logging and changing of SD card storage location
- Outputs Excel-compatible data logs
- Accepts SD memory cards of up to 16 GB capacity
- Auto power off function
- Powered by six “AA” batteries or optional 9V AC/DC adapter
- 1-2 Day Lead Time for Fast and FREE Delivery
The AF-GT-HWA4214SD is a general-purpose handheld instrument that can make two kinds of measurements: air (wind) speed and temperature (simultaneously). Surface temperature is measured by an optional Type K or Type J thermocouple.
All hot wire anemometers, including the AF-GT-HWA4214SD have at their heart a very thin metal wire that the instrument electrically heats up above ambient temperature. The speed of the air flow can be calculated from the relationship between the metal’s electrical resistance and temperature. In the AF-GT-HWA4214SD, the hot wire is located at the end of a telescoping probe where it is paired with a tiny glass bead thermistor that measures air temperature.
Compared to other types of anemometers, hot wire anemometers have superior performance. For this reason, they are commonly used for precise measurement of low-speed air flows, turbulent flows, or of any flow in which rapid velocity fluctuations are of interest. Applications include:
• Environmental testing
• Maintenance and repair of air conveyors and flow hoods in clean rooms
• Measurement of air velocity produced by fans and blowers
• Balancing velocity profiles in furnaces and refrigerated cases
• Operating paint spray booths
The AF-GT-HWA4214SD comes with a telescoping air speed-temperature probe. Air speeds can be displayed in m/s (meters/second), fpm (feet per minute), km/h (kilometers/hr), knots (nautical miles per hour), or mph (miles per hour).
Temperatures can be displayed in °F (Fahrenheit) or °C (Celsius) units. Several features and capabilities enhance the instrument’s versatility. Among them are automatic temperature compensation for measurements made by the telescoping probe or by Type K or J thermocouples. The unit has the ability to hold readings and display maximum and minimum readings and an automatic power off function that extends battery life.
Because it is microprocessor-based, the AF-GT-HWA4214SD can make full use of the portability, reliability and large storage capacities that SD memory cards offer. Measurements can be made automatically at any sampling rate between one second and one hour. After storing and time-stamping the measurements on an SD card plugged into the instrument (a process called datalogging), the user can remove the card and plug it into to a laptop or desktop computer either directly or via a USB card reader. The data logs are stored on the card as files with the .xls extension, which can be opened by Microsoft’s Excel application.
The AF-GT-HWA4214SD has a backlit 2.5 in. diagonal display and is powered by six “AA” Alkaline batteries or an optional 9-VDC AC adapter.
Embedded microcontroller: Custom one-chip LSI device
Display type: Liquid-crystal with green backlight
Display size: 2.05 x 1.5 in. (52 x 38mm)
Parameters measured: Air speed, temperature
Temperature: 32 to 122F (0 to 50C)
Air speed: 0.2 to 25 m/sec, 0.7 to 172 km/hr, 0.5 to 44.7 mph, 0.4 to 38.8 knots, 40 to 3940 ft/min
Air Speed: ± (5% + 0.1 m/sec), ± (5% + 0.3 km/hr), ± (5% + 0.2 mph), ± (5% + 0.2 knots), ± (5% + 20 ft/min);
Temperature: ± 1.5°F (± 0.8°C)
Air speed: 0.01 m/s (0.2 to 5.0 m/s), 0.1 m/s (5.1 to 25.0 m/s); 0.01 km/hr (0.7 to 18 km/hr), 0.1 km/hr (18 to 72 km/hr); 0.01 mph (0.5 to 11.20 mph), 0.1 mph (11.2 to 44.7 mph); 0.01 knot (0.4 to 9.7 knots), 0.1 knot (9.7 to 38.8 knots); 1 ft/min (40 to 3940 ft/min);
Temperature: 0.1 °F or °C
Sampling time options: 0, 1, 2, 5, 10, 30, 60, 120, 300, 600, 1800 or 3600 seconds (0 seconds to 1 hour)
Settable parameters: Date, time, auto power off, beep sound, sampling time, decimal point or comma decimal division, temperature unit, air speed unit, optional thermocouple type (K or J)
Storable/recallable readings: Maximum, minimum
SD card capacity: 1 GB to 16 GB
Operating temperature: 32 to 122F (0 to 50C)
Operating relative humidity: 0 to 85%
Power supply: Six Alkaline “AA” batteries or optional 9-VDC AC adapter
Power consumption: 30 mADC (normal operation, with backlight off and SD card not saving data); 50 mADC (with backlight on and card saving data)
Dimensions of Instrument: 7.99 x 2.99 x 1.50 in. (203 x 76 x 38mm)
Weight: 1.13 lb. (515g)
Dimensions of Probe: 0.4724 in. (diameter) x 11.02 in. (collapsed)/37 in. (extended) (12mm x 280mm/940mm)