- Universal Sensor Input - J, K, T, N, R, S; Pt100 RTD, linear 4-20mA, 0-50 mV, 0-5 Vdc, 0-10 Vdc.
- Double LED Display: Red for Process Variable (18 mm) and Green for Setpoint(13 mm).
- Multiple Outputs Four Relays, Pulse, Analog Output
- ON/OFF and PID and Control with Autotune
- Remote Setpoint
- Four Modes of Independent Alarms
- Alarm Timer Functions
- Digital Input
- Auxiliary 24V Power Supply
- USB Standard and Optional RS485
- Free Configuration and Monitoring Software
The N3000 Big Digit controller is a 1/4 DIN Universal temperature and process controller which accepts signals from most types of sensor. The N3000 contains in one single instrument all of the major features required in the vast majority of industrial processes. From the very simple applications such as a temperature controller to the most complex systems of distributed control with PLCs or SCADA networks, the N3000 is the right answer to your needs for industrial or laboratory automation.
Universal Sensor Input
The N3000 accepts a wide variety of sensor types. These sensors include thermocouples type J, K, T, N, R, S; PT100 RTD, linear 4-20mA,
0-50 mV, 0-5 Vdc, 0-10 Vdc.
Multiple Outputs as a Standard Feature
The N3000 has multiple standard output capabilities. These include:
- Four relay outputs
- One multi-function output which can be configured as an analog output(0/4-20mA) used as a control output or retransmission of the process variable or set point. The same output can alternatively configured as a pulse output.
- One multi-function I/O which can be set as a pulse output or digital input
The controllers setpoint can be set by an external 4-20mA analog input signal.
ON/OFF and PID and Control with Autotune
The N3000 supports on/off and PID control modes of operation. When in the PID mode the controller can be manually tuned or set for autotune. The controller may be used for heating or cooling applications.
Ramp and Soak Profiles
The ramp and soak feature allows the controller to change its setpoint over time according to a user defined time/temperature profile. Each profile can contain up to seven segments(setpoints) and seven different profiles may be stored in the controller. One profile can be linked to another allowing for a profile with up to 49 segments.
Four Modes of Independent Alarms
Any of the relay outputs may be configured as an alarm.
- Sensor Break Alarm - Activated whenever the input sensor is broken or disconnected.
- Ramp & Soak Program Event Alarm - Activated when a specified segment in the Ramp & Soak program is reached.
- High or Low Alarms - Triggered when a value goes above or below a set alarm value.
- Differential Alarm - Triggered when the process value differs from the setpont by a specified amount.
Alarm Timer Functions
The controller alarms can be configured to perform four timer modes:
- Normal - Alarm applied without any time element.
- Delayed - A time delay is applied after the occupancy of an alarm event.
- Pulse - After an alarm event the output is pulsed for one time period according to a set time value.
- Oscillator - After an alarm event the output is pulsed on and off with on/off according to set duration periods.
The N3000 has a digital input which can be provide five different functions
- Switch the controller from automatic to manual mode.
- Start or stop the control action
- Change the controller from following the programmed setpoint to the remote setpoint input.
- Enable or pause the execution of the Ramp and Soak program.
Auxiliary 24V Power Supply
The controller provides a voltage power supply of 24Vdc used for excitation of field transmitters with 25mA current capacity.
USB Communications Standard and Optional RS485 with Modbus Protocol
The N3000 comes standard with USB communications. The USB communications is primarily used for configuring the controller. All configuration settings can be accessed through the front key panel but USB port provides configuration via software commands. The N3000 is also available with optional RS485 communications. Both the USB and RS485 communications use Modbus protocol.
Free Configuration Software - QuickTune
QuickTune is a free software tool for parameter configuration of NOVUS controllers and indicators. With its clean interface any lay or advanced user can friendly access and modify all device functions for proper configuration. Designed for easy and quick commissioning, it provides diagnosis and monitoring resources to field technicians.
SuperView is a Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition software (SCADA) that uses visual development interface to create applications. SuperView can communicate with Modbus RTU and Modbus TCP devices. SuperView can also be used in Client or Server modes allowing distributed supervision of a process or system. Different types of resources simplify the configuration, bringing flexibility and ease when developing an application.
| To Order the model below click on the link or scroll to the top of the page then click on ADD TO CART button
|N3000-USB||N3000 1/4 DIN universal temperature and process controller, 100 to 240 Vac/dc power
|N3000-USB-24V||N3000 1/4 DIN universal temperature and process controller, 12 to 24Vdc / 24Vac power
|N3000-USB-RS485||N3000 1/4 DIN universal temperature and process controller, RS485 communications, 100 to 240 Vac/dc power
|N3000-USB-RS485-24V||N3000 1/4 DIN universal temperature and process controller, RS485 communications, 2 to 24Vdc / 24Vac power
J Thermocouple: 110 to 950°C (-166 to 1742°F)
K Thermocouple: -150 to 1370°C (-238 to 2498°F)
T Thermocouple: -160 to 400°C (-256 to 752°F)
N Thermocouple: -270 to 1300°C (-454 to 2372°F)
R Thermocouple: -50 to 1760°C (-58 to 3200°F)
S Thermocouple: -50 to 1760°C (-58 to 3200°F)
B Thermocouple: 400 to 1800°C (752 to 3272°F)
E Thermocouple: -90 to 730°C (-130 to 1346°F)
PT100 RTD: -200 to 850°C (-328 to 1562°F)
Voltage: 0-50 mVdc, 0-5 Vdc, 0-10V dc
Second Analog Input: 4-20mA remote setpoint (standard).
Internal Resolution:. 32767 levels
Display Resolution: 12000 levels (from -1999 to 9999)
Thermocouples J, K and T: 0.25% of span ±1°C
Thermocouple E, N, R, S and B: 0.25% of span ±3°C
PT100: 0.2% of span
4-20mA, 0-50mV, 0-5Vdc: 0.2% of span.
0-50 mV, PT100 and thermocouples: >10MΩ
0-5 V / 0-10V: >1MΩ
4-20mA: 15Ω (+2Vdc @ 20mA)
Input Sample Rate: 10 per second
Pt100 Measurement: standard (α=0.00385)
Excitation current: 0.170mA, 3-wire circuit, cable resistance compensation
Digital Input: I/O5 and I/O6: Dry contact or NPN open collector
Analog Output: I/O5: 0-20mA or 4-20mA, 550Ω max.
Analog Output Resolution: 1500 levels, Isolated
Analog Output Functions: Control output or PV or SP retransmission
2 Relays SPDT (I/O1 and I/O2): 3A/240Vac
2 Relays SPST-NO (I/O3 and I/O4): 1.5A/250Vac
Logic pulse for SSR drive (I/O5): 10V max/20mA
Logic pulse for SSR drive (I/O6): 5V max/20mA
Auxiliary Power Supply:.24 Vdc, ±10 %; 25mA
Dimensions: 96 x 96 x 92 mm (1/4 DIN)
Approximate Weight: 350 g
Panel Cut-out: 93 x 93 mm (+0.5 -0.0 mm)
Front Panel: IP65, polycarbonate UL94 V-2;
Case: IP20, ABS+PC UL94 V-0
Operating Temperature: 5 to 50 °C
Relative Humidity (maximum): 80% up to 30°C. For temperatures above 30°C, decrease 3% per °C.
Power: 100 to 240 Vac/dc (±10 %), 50/60 Hz, Optional 12 to 24Vdc / 24Vac (-10 % / +20 %), 9VA(max power consumption)
USB Interface: 2.0, CDC class (virtual communications port), MODBUS RTU protocol
Certifications: CE / UL